Lubna Salim famously known as Leela Bhabhi of Baa Bahu Aur Baby is back on screen, and will play a very important role in Madhur Bhandarkar's series 'Niyati' in Sony's Specials @ 10.

The tale is about two sisters, Madhu and Niyati who are estranged for 15 years as the elder sister, Madhu was in jail. Niyati grows to become a human rights activist lawyer and is played by Aashka Goradia. Playing the elder sister Madhu is Lubna Salim who gets free from the State Prison after 15 long years.

Madhu aims to settle scores with her sister Niyati as she holds her responsible for her 15 year ordeal. 15 years ago, Madhu was the one who rescued Niyati from their evil father's clutches by stabbing him. Niyati gives evidence in the court of the incident which results in Madhu's imprisonment. Madhu confronts Niyati saying that 15 years ago life gave her an opportunity to become a lawyer and have a life of her own, while time stood still for Madhu as she paid a price for saving her own sister from a man who was packed with evil intentions. Niyati is confused whether to trust this woman whom she thought to be a culprit or was she the culprit in this woman's eyes?

A very excited Lubna said, "It was great to be shooting for this series. The story is about two sisters, and the focus is on today's problem in society, child abuse and sex. I play a simple and timid girl while Aashka is the complete opposite of me, and is very bubbly".

Lubna had a great time working with Director Ashok Pandit. "We know each other for quite long and our association goes back to our theater days. It was so nice of Ashok uncle to have thought about me and offered me a role. I agreed to do the role even without reading the script, and that is what our relation is".

Watch Lubna and Aashka's enchanting tale this Thursday, April 30th, at 10 PM on Sony..

10 Comments:

  1. इरशाद अली said...
    आदाब मेम, यकिनन आप एक बेहतर अदाकार है, जितनी अच्छी अदाकार उतनी ही अच्छी इंसान। सब जानते है इस बात को। अपका ब्लाग देखा तो खुशी हुयी। लेकिन ब्लागिंग का असली मतलब और मजा और पहचान हिन्दी में ब्लागिंग करने से है। आप हिन्दी में अगर ब्लाग चलाते है तब एक नयी ही दुनिया आपके सामने होगी आज दस हजार हिन्दी ब्लागर आपस में जुड़े हुए है आप भी हिन्दी मंे अपने विचार लोगों तक पहुंचा सकती है।
    बहुत-बहुत शुक्रिया के साथ
    इरशाद
    http://www.irshadnama.blogspot.com/
    अब्बा, शबाना आज़मी
    Bhavyata said...
    hi Lubna ji,

    I have come across your blog for the first time since I recently came across one episode of your TV Series Ek Packet Umeed, I was watching it on You tube along with your other TV Series, BBB. I must say this that you are a versatile actress and you are really very pretty. I would be grateful if you can give me your email id where I can communicate with you.

    Thanks in advance,

    Best wishes,

    Sonu.
    rohinkumars said...
    Hello Lubna ji,

    I am surprised that you have a blog.
    I am so happy that you will read my post.

    I am big big big big fan of you. I am really missing you in BBB. I read your views. I understand your feelings.

    I don't live in mumbai. So I can't come to your shows. Please be part of any good comedy serial.
    Anne said...
    Hi Bhabhi, I saw all the episodes of Baa Bahu Baby on youtube after my marriage and bcoz of the serial I m a good bahu.ur role of Leela bhabhi is a motivation for me.U dont know me but for me u r my family member, I miss u so much that I daily watch old episodes of Baa Bahu Baby.

    After leaving the serial U have made us separated from our very dear family member. I m living out of India and these old episodes make me feel home. I m too attched to u. Surprising, isnt it, to hear such words from a complete stranger! But u r no starnger to me.

    Thanks to give me my Leela Bhabhi, thanks for helping me to adjust after marriage, thanks to strengthen my relations with my family.U will always be my inspiration.
    A Blogger said...
    Hi Lubna. I am a big fan of u. I have watched many episodes of BBB just to see you. You look so pretty in the role of Leela Bhabhi. I think, you are the most beautiful woman on earth and a very good actor. I want to see you acting in plays. Please tell me where can I see your plays?
    Anu Ranganikar said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Anu Ranganikar said...
    Hello mam!I've always loved what ever u do...be it adds..serials....How do u manage 2 do a gr8 job each time? Also it's really sad 2 know dat u r not there in d new series of bbb. will miss u mam. no one can replace ur presence in bbb.
    Anu Ranganikar said...
    it is so damn disappointing !!!
    don't worry nothing 2 do wid u. but by r cable operator.usne star utsav hi nikaal diya hai. ya rite i used 2 watch d old series!!
    si yaar mera toh pachkaa ho gaya :(:-(
    Unknown said...
    hi lubna

    few hours back i was watching you on stage playing sonal in humsafar.
    really nice experience..... i liked the way you were changing your facial expressions... as per the demand of scene .

    good luck for future

    most imp:-
    love to watch you again doing some good drama in jaipur

    do visit again

    thanx to mr salim too( if i m not mistaken you are related to him)

    raj
    anurag asthana said...
    hi Lubna ji,

    thanks for portraying, Leela Bhabhi, such a marvelous character. i just loved your character, also i want to add that " har ghar mein aap jasi bhabhi to honi hi chahiye." thanks a lot.

Post a Comment



Older Post Home